30 years experience in project and programme management. 20 years in technology, networking and mobile telecommunications.
Deep understanding of human interaction factors and application usage context in the real world.
Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
Commitment to quality in process and implementation.
Customer Experience Insights Programme Manager - Vodafone Group
Oct 2017 - July 2018
The Customer Experience Insights (CEI) team exists as a customer experience management (CEM) entity within Vodafone Group Network Engineering & Delivery (GNED). CEI are responsible for gathering network performance data from local market network probes and using a variety of cutting edge tools and methods to present this data as reports to senior management in both Vodafone Group and local markets upon which key decisions are made, ranging from marketing initiatives to improve net promoter scoring (NPS) to network expansion planning and capital expenditure based on return on investment (ROI) analysis.
Involved on a wide variety of project management tasks for various projects including:
- Deployment of quality of service (QoS) KPI reporting feeds for Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom.
- Smart network capacity management for Vodafone Romania.
- Migration of network performance KPIs from legacy platforms for Germany, Greece, Italy, Turkey.
- Pre-production platform deployment of the reporting platform.
Programme Delivery Manager - Vodafone Group
Feb 2013 - March 2017
Working in Group Technology, Smart Communications on the development and deployment of RCS (Rich Communications Suite). RCS is the IMS evolution of mobile messaging, enabling an enriched experience over data networks with seamless SMS interworking. I was responsible for delivery of the Vodafone RCS reference client on both Android and iOS platforms. Additionally, I supported commercial teams in the planning, development and release of the Vodafone branded product (Message+) and acted as technical liaison for integration of native solutions across the Vodafone device portfolio, specifically on HTC, Samsung, Sony and Microsoft devices.
Consultant Project Manager - Vodafone Group
Oct 2011 – Mar 2012
Managing the development and deployment of Vodafone's latest on-device 'HelpLogin' customer support solution. Guided the project through development phase into live deployment, aligning local market interfaces on testing and acceptance activities and ensuring the requirements of VF Group terminals device customisation were fulfilled. In six months, the application was developed, approved for deployment and successfully delivered for integration on Vodafone variants to 14 local markets (2 more in trial) on 11 devices in the Spring/Summer device portfolio.
Consultant for Terminal Services - Vodafone Group
Sep 2008 - Mar 2010
Managing delivery of messaging products. Managing communication between terminals technical and marketing teams. Managing interface between Vodafone and certification partners
Consultant Project Manager - Terminals Portfolio & Services - Vodafone Group
Mar 2008 – Sep 2008
Project Manager for Vodafone's Messenger IM product in the Terminals Portfolio & Services team, Vodafone Group Services GmbH, Dusseldorf
Device Roadmap Manager - O2 (Telefónica UK)
Aug 2006 – Apr 2007
Responsible for producing the handset technology roadmap for O2 UK, also the alignment of same across O2 operating businesses and Telefonica in order to produce the Telefonica Roadmap which is distributed to tier 1 handset and technology vendors to align future support with strategic requirement. Worked to consolidate requirements in order to produce the Telefonica Group common device specifications.
Contract Technology Consultant - Ketla IT Solutions
Sep 2005 – Apr 2006
Ketla IT Solutions is a consultancy group providing a variety of consultancy services to SOHO and medium sized businesses. Worked as a technology consultant regarding OS, Networking and Applications, providing consultancy internally and to external clients on new technologies, system migration, security, data backup and recovery.
Handset Technologist - Three (Hutchison 3G UK)
2003 - 2004
The Handset Technology Group defined current and future handset specifications on 3G handsets, liaising internally and externally to ensure that technology suppliers fulfilled 3 Mobile’s future handset requirements. This role involved insuring that 3’s requirements for handsets were fulfilled by manufacturers, technology providers, and standards bodies.
- Investigation and specification of display, camera and audio hardware component requirements, defining handset multimedia hardware roadmap.
- Investigation and specification of handset operating system requirements.
- Evaluation of leading edge technologies for potential handset integration, including the development and demonstration of new technology concepts.
- Internal technical consultancy for multimedia hardware and technologies.
Media Technologist - Three (Hutchison 3G UK)
2000 - 2003
The Media Technology Group focused on technological aspects of product delivery relating to rich media; graphics, audio and video, liaising internally and externally to ensure that technology suppliers and handsets fulfilled 3 Mobiles multimedia requirements and offered customers the best experience. Our team defined and helped implement the multimedia delivery framework for launch and a five year technology roadmap.
- Gathering user requirements and writing technical specifications.
- End to end performance optimization for customer browsing experience.
- Cross departmental technical consultancy for multimedia issues.
IP Core Network Design Engineer - BT Research Laboratories Martlesham
1999 - 2000
HealthNet is the Secure national Intranet for all NHS Hospitals, Medical Practices and GPs.
I worked as part of a team responsible for the upgrade of the HealthNet Core network and was one of a team of four engineers working in-house and on-site with the core network, analysing existing load, designing, testing and deploying network upgrades in BTs labs and exchanges.
My duties included:
- Testing/Configuration of new topologies and equipment.
- Networking MS and UNIX including firewall configuration.
- Assessment/Valuation of hardware and upgrade processes.
Research Programmer - BT Research Laboratories Martlesham
1997 - 1998
Advanced Perception was a team of 20 research engineers investigating various projects within the telecommunications space relating to human perceptual modelling in shared virtual environments.
As a research programmer, I worked on numerous blue sky research projects investigating future technologies and their application within the telecommunications space.
My duties included:
- Investigation and development into spatial audio solutions in telecoms.
- Virtual world programming using Watcom, MS Visual C++ and DirectX on PC and Silicon Graphics platforms.
- Development on W9x and NT platforms: Using MIDI, DSP and TCP-IP.
- Audio production and processing on bespoke hardware and software.